Search this Blog

Sunday 12 May 2013

Poem for my Mother - Happy Mothers Day!





The above poem is written in Tamil for my lovely Mom. I am translating the same for all my friends who don't understand the language.

You were my first Kiss
You were my first Poem

I give my daughter now 
what you gave me once
Unconditional Love and affection

Mom, your everlasting love
is the light to my road 

I ask you inane questions
even today at this age
and ...
you still answer them 
clearing all my doubts 
showing where I went wrong

Is this one single day enough 
to write all about you ?



8 comments:

  1. Uma,

    A lovely poem which captures your thoughts well, in any language:)
    I don't think that one is is ever enough to thank, or remember our mothers, but it is simply a day set aside to take stock and to specifically remember.

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful...love that opening couplet...first kiss, first poem....nice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tribute to your mother. I love the first verse -
    You were my first Kiss
    You were my first Poem

    just lovely...and I like the last verse - nice ending. A very personal poem but one I'm sure many daughters can relate to on a very heartfelt level.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful poem of Mother Love! It sounds like you have a special relationship with your mother, and I wonder if you showed her this poem. It would be a special gift to her, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! read the one in tamil too! :) and very poignant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a wonderful bond from mother to daughter to her daughter. So loving and heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete